Wendy and the girls drove out to California to visit Skyler and I. It was great seeing them again. We took everyone to the Children's Discovery Museum in San Jose. The girls had a great time but Skyler was a touch bored. There were lots of hands-on activities like a real ambulance and fire-truck for them to go through. I thought Skyler could have done a great job making an Indian corn-husk doll if he had just tried. :)
We also went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. If you ever find yourself out this way you really should go. It is one of the finest aquariums in the U.S. This time everyone had a great time; including Skyler. The highlight was probably the sharks but we weren't able to get a good picture (sorry). But the jellyfish were incredible and the girls loved the petting tank.
A major snow storm hit the morning they were supposed to return home so they stayed an extra day. They started home and made it about 25 miles when Mckenna started throwing-up. So Wendy decided that 13 hours in the car with a sick child was just not going to happen so she turned around and came back for another day.
So at this point, they were going to go home on Wednesday but Wendy thought it wouldn't be fair to Mckenna to drive home on her birthday so the visit got extended yet again. This was fine with me because we were all able to celebrate her birthday. Wendy and Mckenna came by my office so that we could take her to McDonald's for her birthday lunch.
New Adventure, New Blog
12 years ago
2 comments:
How fun! I'm glad you had a good time together. I'm sure the girls miss you.
I love the pictures.
Post a Comment