Thanksgiving was great. I am grateful for the time I had to spend with family. It is always nice being together and being able to play games. Wendy was especially pleased that she was able to win her first game of Ticket to Ride with the Stevens family. I think it was a red-letter day for her.
We also saw the new James Bond movie and enjoyed it but we think the first one was just a touch better. There was a trailer for the new Star Trek movie (which is due out in May). It looks AWESOME. I'm still geeking out about it.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend's festivities.
Wendy and I took the girls to Chuck-E-Cheese on Saturday. The girls had been begging to go ever since it opened in Layton last month. The girls really enjoyed having Chelsie join them too. We have learned that Kenna has some kind of sixth-sense when playing Deal or No-Deal. The first time she played she used one token and got 30 tickets (40 is the highest and 30 is second best). The second time she played a double token game which can give you a maximum of 80 tickets. She was making all the decisions and I was just watching. She got down to just two cases (80 and 26) and was given her final offer of 51 tickets. At this point I spoke up and told her to take it. She turned slowly toward me and gave me a look that clearly said I had no idea what I was talking about. After a pause she said, "No deal!" and hit the button. The computer opened her case to reveal 80 tickets! There was a small group of mothers that had been watching and they starting muttering in disbelief. Here is a picture of Kenna proudly wearing her tickets.

0 comments:
Post a Comment