CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Darn that Peer Pressure!

I have officially crossed over to the dark side and created this blog. I was trying to avoid watching the election results and called Bonnie instead who graciously mentored me through the process. Almost all of my pictures are still in Utah so I can't put up a picture of the family yet. I did find this picture from the Las Vegas bowl last year though. Go Cougars!

The October 15th deadline has passed at work and I am finally back to a normal workday. No more free breakfast, lunch, and dinners at my desk which probably isn't a bad thing. I got on the scale for the first time in 2 months and I was shocked - shocked I say! I have been eating take-out for two months and I gained 10 pounds? It's inconceivable! So after having a heated argument with my scale I started to wish there was a magic diet pill that would make the weight just go away. It was while I was musing on this thought that my survey question for the day came to me. If there was a pill that would allow you to lose 40 pounds in a week (but you would be in terrible pain for that week) would you take it? On the one hand there is pain which as a general rule I try to avoid, but on the other hand I could actually fit back into my Sunday suit which is straining at the buttons something fierce. Not to mention the three "new" pairs of jeans sitting in my drawer that I could wear again.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm so excited to see your blog. Welcome to the blogging world!

Wendy said...

Hahahahahahaha (evil laughter). We have you at last.

Bonnie said...

My question is can I take drugs for the terrible pain? Then I could sleep through it. You know this reminds me of Bella in the Twilight series, but she only had to endure severe pain for 3 days and then she was a vampire goddess. Can it be more than 40 poounds?