It’s the morning after and I need an aspirin. I was up way too late watching the election results after I swore in my wrath that I would only watch The Office reruns recorded on my Tivo. I haven’t voted in California in 15 years but one thing hasn’t changed; I am still in the minority on almost every proposition that hit the ballot. The rest of California still hasn’t found a bond measure that they didn’t like. I guess they believed the ads that the bonds wouldn’t raise taxes. They must be magic bonds that were bought from the same place as the beans in Jack and the Beanstalk (or the magic grits in My Cousin Vinny). And as Bonnie told me last night, we have also learned that Californians care more about chickens than children.
One extremely notable exception, however, is Proposition 8. With 95.7% of the precincts reporting I think I am going to call this one; Californians have once again restored traditional marriage with a 52.1% Yes vote! I thought this map was rather interesting. It shows which counties were for or against the proposition.
New Adventure, New Blog
12 years ago
3 comments:
Welcome!
I love those maps! Mendocino county is certainly ture blue. I liked how Mendocino, Humboldt, and San Francisco were 3 of only 5 counties in favor of leniency for drug offenses.
Hi William! Welcome to the world of blogging! California must still be hanging on to the edge, if only by a thread, since they were able to pass Prop 8. I'm not sure if that can be said for Mendocino or Humboldt Counties, though . . . Maybe we need to send rescue teams in for mom, dad, and Bonnie's family!
Help I'm sinking into the ocean!!!
Post a Comment